LGBTQA Programs & Services
We envision a campus community that supports a safe, inclusive and respectful environment for students, staff, faculty, and alumnae of all sexual orientations, gender identities and gender expression.
What We Do
- Cultivates a safe, respectful and inclusive UNL campus environment for people of all sexual orientations, gender identities and expression
- Provides opportunities for student involvement through the LGBTQ Resource Center, LGBTQA events and OutSpeaking: A Collaborative Speakers Bureau
- Directs the LGBTQ Resource Center, which works collaboratively to provide education, outreach, resources and advocacy
- Offers presentations and education sessions/workshops safe space education and workshops; ally development education and workshops; and through OutSpeaking (a collaborative Speakers Bureau with PFLAG and Citizens for Equal Protection (CFEP). Other presentations are available by request.
- Facilitates collaborative campus-wide programming including the LGBTQ Reading Group.
- Provides resource, referral and consultation services.
- Assists those who have experienced sexual orientation/gender identity/expression bias, discrimination or harassment
- Provides a safe space and lending library at the LGBTQ Resource Center